 MediaWatch / 1827
Re: Lego Star Wars on Cartoon Network
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 13 May 2005 15:47:49 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.mediawatch, Dan Boger wrote:
On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 02:34:17PM +0000, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
I've uploaded the movie to my webserver--

see it here--

http://sparky.i989.net/media/video/RevengeOfTheBrick_Web.mov

It's the 26 meg .mov version

(if you could be nice to my little web server and save this on your
local system before viewing, it'd be appreciated)

I'm confused - from the webserver's perspective, what's the difference?

If you play it directly, then you don't have it saved? Meaning when you want to
play it again because you want to show a friend or whatever, you have to hit the
webserver for it again? Meaning extra load?

I haven't been able to find where QT caches stuff yet.

I've been searching for a long time--originally it was in temporary internet
files--I could always go there to get the viewed movies.  Not so much
anymore--these guys serving out movies and clips are getting smarter.

Dave K
-just FUT publish--no longer media watch concern--not that it's publish either,
but there you are...