 MediaWatch / 1804
Re: Lego Star Wars on Cartoon Network
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 8 May 2005 23:37:44 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
In lugnet.mediawatch, Paul Janssen wrote:
I just watched a short Lego star wars movie on cartoon network, really funny!!!
I hope it airs again soon so I can tape it. Both my kids enjoyed it, and we all
wish it was longer...

Same here, we liked it a lot. My kids especially liked the ending. We've already
watched it 2-1/2 times (I love my Tivo).

Good animation, fun concepts. It really seems to take off from the concepts of
the LEGO Star Wars video game just released, hopefully it'll get more airplay in
different places, since it's a great publicity piece and just fun. I also saw a
name or two I recognized in the credits.

And I noticed one of the segment directors was "Mark Hamill" - coincidence? :)

- Kelly

I liked it, too, especially the animation during the credits.  I also liked that
new ships were built; my main grievance about the comics in the instruction
books is that they don't showcase the alternate models (they used to; the first
Star Wars sets prominently showed off alternates).  The animators did a good job
in this respect, creating new ships out of several sets.  That's what Lego is
all about.

As for Mark Hamill, that is THE Mark Hamill.  There's a behind the scenes
feature with him on the website:
http://www.treehouseanimation.com/
Here you can see the movie, download wallpapers, and some other stuff (I'm in
the process of installing the proper plug-ins).

John

P.S.  I wonder who was the lucky person who got the one line of dialogue (a
droid going "Oh no.").