 Marketplace / Shopping / 2547
Re: FOTW: Blimps for a Buck!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 05:26:11 GMT

Frederick Paepke wrote:

Well, now I don't feel so bad. I stopped at Wal-Mart during lunch and
the Zeppelin is still at $9. I'll check again in a few days.

Consider asking the management.  If they know you'll take them, they might
knock them down just for you (although likely not clear to $1).  If several
stores are doing this, I'd start watching your local Wal-marts--I literally
stumbled upon their "$1 markdown get-it-the-heck-outta-here unadvertised
sale" last year and scored about $300 worth of Technic sets for $25.  It's
definitely local when they start getting funky like that--it may have to do
with January vs. February sales dollars or something.

I scanned everything in the clearance aisle today, btw.  No change in
prices yet.  However, I did have a FOTD:  I went to a very new Target and
bumbled across a Tie/Y which scanned at $12.34.  This alone was enough to
make my day complete, especially after getting stuck in the Poconos during
that %$#%! snowstorm yesterday.

best,

Lindsay