 Marketplace / Shopping / 2518
Re: FOTW: Blimps for a Buck!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 05:01:55 GMT

Hit the nearest walmart to me yesterday (over an hour away).  plenty of stock
on the shelf, but nothing marked down.  i take that back.  i did find about 50
advent calendars, marked down to a fantastic (not) price of $15.  my wife
wants to move back to minneapolis, seems there are more opportunities for
deals back there.

david

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ray Sanders writes:
"David C. Pyatt" wrote:

Maybe tomorrow, or maybe it was a manager's decision at Tom's store.

There is some evidence to support this:

I noticed some more markdowns at the local WM today. I asked the toy
dept person directly: are these local markdowns or did they come down
from corp ?  I was told these were local.  So, based on several posts
here & my field observations, the local stores seem to have reached a
momment of truth. They have old stock ('not in the plan' as they say)
and are motivated to make it sell.

Ray