 Marketplace / Shopping / 2517
Re: FOTW: Blimps for a Buck!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 04:51:36 GMT

"David C. Pyatt" wrote:

Maybe tomorrow, or maybe it was a manager's decision at Tom's store.

There is some evidence to support this:

I noticed some more markdowns at the local WM today. I asked the toy
dept person directly: are these local markdowns or did they come down
from corp ?  I was told these were local.  So, based on several posts
here & my field observations, the local stores seem to have reached a
momment of truth. They have old stock ('not in the plan' as they say)
and are motivated to make it sell.

Ray