 Marketplace / Shopping / 2513
Re: FOTW: Blimps for a Buck!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 01:57:51 GMT

Don't be too bummed out... I just made a run to my WM and they have not yet
marked down the AirZep's... still at $9.  Maybe tomorrow, or maybe it was a
manager's decision at Tom's store.  My store has a couple dozen also... I may
have to help them gain some shelf space if they go to $1 :)

Keep on scanning those packages, but I have found it is a realtime markdown
procedure that WM uses... scan, count, change price, ticket... so if it isn't
ticketed, odds are they haven't marked them down unless they are in more than
one area...

Dave

In lugnet.market.shopping, Frederick Paepke writes:
This is not my day. I live an hour away from the nearest Wal-Mart. I
just stopped there about two hours ago. I was very disappointed that
the two Ninja sets that I've been eyeing up disappeared in the last 48
hours. I scanned a ton of sets, but found no new prices. I forgot to
scan the Air Zeppelins... (They have dozens...)

:-(

Bummer.

Frederick.

"Tom Reed" <Merthyn1@webtv.net> wrote:

I just stopped off at my local Walmart and caught the guy reducing the price
of the Adventurers set #5956 "Air Zeppelin" to a $1.00 each.  That's
right...a dollar!  I picked up all that was left (15).  You might want to
check the Walmart in your area!  They dropped the price of these to $9.00
just last week!  Good luck!