 Marketplace / Shopping / 2548
Re: Wonderful KBKIDS.COM Sale - NOT!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 05:30:58 GMT

Troy Cefaratti wrote:

David Phillips <dphillips@fgsd.k12.or.us> wrote in message
news:Fp6ux2.ABz@lugnet.com...
I am constantly amazed at the prices i find at kbkids and kbtoys.  they • are
usually 10-20% higher than anywhere else i go.  an example is the tie
fighter/y-wing set.  $49 at target $59 at kbkids.  it is no wonder they • always
have inventory.

Yes, for currently available sets, KB Toys pretty much sucks rocks.  They
are pretty consistently over priced, but this plays into their 20% off sale
that they run quite frequently, which brings their prices in line with
elsewhere.

Where KB really shines is on the couple, usually older sets, that they get
and heavily discount.

Yes, Mr. Android Base.  ;)  Did I mention that I scored three Aquashark "Shark's
Crystal Cave" sets and the big yellow Aquanauts sub (both first-generation) for
a total of $75 at the same K-B ToyWorks store where I bought those 6958s?  Not
too shabby, just some haggling--and it didn't hurt that the boxes were
absolutely trashed (but complete).

Out-of-the-way K-B stores are very good for older things--as are stores in areas
where good help is hard to find, because they're disorganized and if you're
willing to dig or look up in the rafters you can find all *kinds* of goodies
(like the Zany Brainy where I found a King Kahuka last month).

Recently:

Night Lord's Castle @ $40
Aqua Dozer @ $12 (Now back up to $15)
Witches Windship @ $5
Deep Reef Refuge @ $30

These are at about half of retail price, and if you get them when they are
having their 20% off sale, are a real bargain.  If you have a coupon you are
even better off.  I was just at the site and seen all but the Castle today.

I'm waiting for 6441 to pop in at $18 again... ;)

best,

Lindsay