 Marketplace / Shopping / 2547
  Re: FOTW: Blimps for a Buck!!

(...) Consider asking the management. If they know you'll take them, they might knock them down just for you (although likely not clear to $1). If several stores are doing this, I'd start watching your local Wal-marts--I literally stumbled upon (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW: Blimps for a Buck!!

(...) While visiting a variety of WMs today, I noted something interesting about the shelf stickers. The fine-print read something like... "clearance 01/31/00 wk#1" while others were "clearance 01/08/00 wk#50". It would seem that WM begins counting (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW: Blimps for a Buck!!

I think that you can basically start you fiscal year anywhere you want... as long as it isn't February 29th :) I think it was different at about every retail outlet I worked at in the past... They can base it on incorporation date or whathaveyou as (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: FOTW: Blimps for a Buck!!

(...) And there are good reasons for a large retail outfit to not do their fiscal year 1/1 to 12/31. No need to subject yourself to year-end inventory when the customers are mobbing you for the after Christmas sales. (24 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory)