 Marketplace / Shipping / 362

Re: How much does LEGO Weigh?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 00:28:28 GMT

Hey all.
The lightest lego part (of the candidates mentioned) is:

a gold coin =  0.05602 g

This measure was performed on a Mettler AE240 analytical balance.  I
didn't correct for fingerprints or dust so these measures might be a
little off, but most of the pieces were new or slightly used.  The coin
was new and broken off the sprue minutes before weighing.

Some other weights for your reference.
flower petal    = 0.06392 g
small antenna   = 0.05744 g
1x1 plate       = 0.17583 g
1x1 round plate = 0.10436 g
1x8 brick       = 3.06061 g
1x8 technic brk = 2.89084 g

I included the 1x8 technic and regular bricks because there was a thread
a while back about which is lighter- a technic brick or a regular
brick.  I think it was  about three to six months ago.

Here's a pic of the weighing process:

enjoy.

-chris
Jon Kozan wrote:

If anyone has access to a laboratory quality balance (scale), could you
determine how much the smallest LEGO part weighs?

Probably a "Control Lever"
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=4593

Qualifies as the smallest / lightest part...

Unless anyone has a different candidate??

Thanks,
-Jon

Re: How much does LEGO Weigh?
Very cool. I've often thought that the small plume that attaches to a knight's helmet might be the lightest element. Any chance you
could weigh one of those?

- Cary