 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 17307
Re: My Lego CD Arrived!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2006 07:16:44 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Tom Reed wrote:
Hi Gary,
My Lego CD arrived today in the mail!  Great job on putting it together!

I'm very happy to get it and so far I'm really impressed with it.  I haven't had
time to go through it completely, but what I've seen is great.  It's a wonderful
wealth of information and I encourage any one interested in Lego history to
purchase one!

I am also glad I got the extra CD along with it.  I've already enjoyed some of
the pictures you put on it.

Again, I say "Great job"!  I'm sure no one realizes just how much work it takes
to put something like that together (not counting the time gathering and
researching it all).  I'm just glad I got mine!
Keep up the good work!

Tom Reed

Thanks Tom!!!

I just wish that our European and Australian folks would all have gotten theirs
as quickly, but as you know it takes longer to get there.

I know that you haven't had time to go thru the whole thing.... IT'S 1,265
PAGES!!!!!!!!!  :-D  (laughing out loud)

This LEGO CD has been the most challenging thing I have done in my entire life
(all 53 years!).  I now realize why no one has done it before!! :)  I now
realize that the most complex collectibles of all time are 1) Stamps, 2) Coins,
3) LEGO (in no particular order).

I could not have completed it without some really wonderful support... from the
folks in the Billund Archives (Kirsten Stadelhofer), to many very helpful and
knowledgeable AFOLs worldwide.... such as Eric Strand (Texas), Clark Stephens
(California), Jim Hughes (Ohio), Dave Shifflett (California), Kurt Richter and
Ben Beneke (Germany), Manuel Cueto (Colombia), Phil Traviss and Steve Scott
(UK), Klaas Meijaard (aka Greenman, Netherlands), Luca Giannitti (Italy), and
Christian Servant (France).

I've also been helped (mostly images) by Luis Baixinho (Portugal), Thorsten
Wilhelm (Germany), Gianluca Morelli (Italy), Henrik Thane and Morten Frost
(Denmark), and John Patterson (USA).  And then there is a special thanks also to
Rene Hoffmeister (Germany), who has permitted me to use some of the LUGNET
images.

I could not have done this alone!  I applaud all of these folks (and more) that
have contributed to the expanded knowledge of the LEGO hobby.

Thanks all,

Gary Istok