 General / 53232
Re: LEGO CD - Unique Lego Parts By Country List
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2006 06:48:07 GMT

In the next week or so I will be coming up with a list for the LEGO CD folks
that contains all the unique LEGO parts by country/region.

What this means is that many LEGO items from 1949-80 were not sold in all
locations.  There were some items that were only sold in one or in a few
countries, and not everywhere.  This list will give folks an idea of what
countries they can find specific LEGO elements in (or should I say where they
originated from).

Here's a quick list of just a few of the many categories and items that will be
listed.  The total list could be 5-7 pages.  The information is being culled and
summarized from the LEGO CD...

USA Only -

1) Gray, red, black 4x8 waffle bottom plates
2) 25x50 gray baseplates
3) 2x8 and 2x10 trans-clear bricks.

USA/Canada Only -
1) 50x50 green roadway baseplates.
2) 50x50 green baseplates.
3) 4x4 black corner bricks.
4) 1x1, 1x2, 2x2, 2x3, 2x4 Cellulose Acetate Bricks in Green.
5) 1x1, 1x2, 2x2, 2x3, 2x4 Cellulose Acetate Bricks in Yellow.

Denmark Only -

1) 1x1 round bricks w/ Esso Oil stickers.

Germany Only -

1) 2 piece Masonite 1950's Town Plan board (from #700 Wooden box top)

Sweden Only -

1) Yellow flat bottom road signs (1955-68).
2) 1960-61 Left Driving Town Plan Board.

Denmark, Sweden, Norway Only -

1) Slotted Bricks
2) Windows For Slotted Bricks.

Continental Europe Only -

1) 8x11 gray plates (bottom to Architectural parts packs #518-#521).
2) 1950's LEGO Trees/Bushes.
3) Hollow Bottom Bricks.
4) Classic Solid Stud Windows/Doors.

Britain/Australia Only -
1) UK style Left Driving Town Plan Board.
2) UK style flat bottom road signs.
3) Flip-up garage doors in solid yellow.

I am not yet sure how I will distribute this list.  It may be by EMAIL.

Stay tuned.

Gary Istok

P.S.  This list will be especially useful for the folks on Bricklink!!