 Local / United States / Florida / *362 (-20)
  Re: living in FL now

(...) I didn't manage to arrange to hook up with Tampa Bay/GFLTC folks this year at the holidays, but my fiance and I did run into Felix at the Dali museum. It was great to see you Felix. Frank (17 years ago, 12-Jan-07, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.fl.tam, lugnet.loc.us.fl.stp, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  GFLTC at GTE Tampa – Images

Train Fans, The members of the Greater Florida LEGO Train Club had a display the Great Train Expo in Tampa Florida over the New Year’s weekend (December 30-31, 2006). The 18 x 18 ft layout featuring the downtown Tampa skyline with three running (...) (17 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.gflug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.trains.org, FTX) !

  Re: Orlando LIC opening day misprint bricks

(...) Brian - Thanks for the info and the heads up! I have updated (URL) with this new info. I will be in Orlando at the end of October, maybe they will still have a few left for my visit :) Mark P (URL) www.PromoBricks.com> (18 years ago, 2-Sep-06, to lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl, FTX)

  Orlando LIC opening day misprint bricks

The Orlando Lego Imagination Center is selling its supply of opening day "misprint" bricks. These are the yellow 2x2x2 Duplo bricks with the red Lego dinosaur on one side and the Lego logo on the other side. Under the dinosaur they're supposed to (...) (18 years ago, 29-Aug-06, to lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl)

  living in FL now

Hello! I just wanted to drop a note that I'm now living in the Tampa/St Pete area. I'm working in St Petersburg but living in Apollo Beach. Once I'm set up with everything I'd love to start getting involved with the local lugs. (URL) Felix> (18 years ago, 28-Jul-06, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.fl.tam, lugnet.loc.us.fl.stp, lugnet.loc.us.fl, FTX)

  Re: Finds at Orlando PaB

"Brian Davis" <brdavis@iusb.edu> wrote in message news:Iv3u6K.vu0@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) [ ... snipped ... ] I think is where the disconnect for me is. I find the "cup" aspect of P-a-B annoying. I have purchased quite a few (...) (18 years ago, 22-Feb-06, to lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Finds at Orlando PaB

(...) I have to admit, it's not time-efficient or really very cost effective (yes, with careful packing you can fit more... but with the way many of us buy LEGO, would buying another cup really kill you?). It is, in some ways, an experiential or (...) (18 years ago, 22-Feb-06, to lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Finds at Orlando PaB

"Brian Davis" <brdavis@iusb.edu> wrote in message news:Iv2034.JDp@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) [ .. snipped ... ] I really don't understand doing this. Don't get me wrong, I am all for getting as much as you can in a cup. However, if you (...) (18 years ago, 22-Feb-06, to lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Finds at Orlando PaB

(...) I've wondered if they filled the grab bags from stuff swept up off the floor from the PAB area and partly with parts from damaged boxes. I bought a grab bag last trip... it had Bionicle parts in it. :P --Mike. (18 years ago, 21-Feb-06, to lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Finds at Orlando PaB

(...) Seeing as how I spend about an hour or two packing a single large cup, my wife is happier when I go at night when our kids are asleep :) (...) This time I had a cup packed so nicely the lady checking me out commented on it, and went and showed (...) (18 years ago, 21-Feb-06, to lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Finds at Orlando PaB

(...) I found it a little disconcerting as well. I'd look up/down a few bins at a time, figuring out what I wanted to buy... then I'd jump to the next section & had to refigure what I wanted to stuff into a cup... then I'd jump to the next section & (...) (18 years ago, 21-Feb-06, to lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Finds at Orlando PaB

(...) If you are looking for a particular brick or item, ask one of the sales people. I have found in dealing with the two outlets here in Virginia and the Orlando store that sometimes the bins are not refilled but there is an ample supply in the (...) (18 years ago, 21-Feb-06, to lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Finds at Orlando PaB

(...) That would be very interesting. I saw some turnover in the four days I was there. I suspect they would sell even better if they (the store) would link certain part together somehow. They had two kinds of wheels (larger ones that mount to (...) (18 years ago, 21-Feb-06, to lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Finds at Orlando PaB

(...) November??? Bwahahahahahahahahhahahah! I'm going at the end of the week, it'll all be gone when I leave! No, seriously... Our last Disney vacation was about 5 days long. I talked my wife into letting me go into the store every day of our stay. (...) (18 years ago, 21-Feb-06, to lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Finds at Orlando PaB

(...) Well, I just did that again, and found it's still a nice selection. First, a lot of things are still there, specificly: (...) In addition, there were some nice new things as well, like plant leaves 4x3: (URL) light grey quarter cylinder (...) (18 years ago, 21-Feb-06, to lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Central Florida Brick Day - March 4, 2006!

Once again it time for Central Florida Brick Day! This year it’s on Saturday, March 4th. The day starts at the Plant City Train Show in its new venue at Hillsborough Community College in Plant City, Florida with a display by the Greater Florida LEGO (...) (18 years ago, 21-Feb-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.gflug, lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl, lugnet.loc.us.fl.tam)

  93 year old volunteer

While doing some year-end reading, I came across an article of a 93 year old man who uses LEGO© bricks to teach gifted kids in school. Please see the following link to the article in this actuarial magazine. (URL) well, Andreas Stabno (URL) (18 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  GFLTC at the SMRC Train Show - Dec. 10-11, 2005

For Immediate Release Contact: Robin Werner robinw A_T gfltc D-O-T org MANATEE COUNTY, FLORIDA - The Greater Florida LEGO Train Club (GFLTC) is proud to announce its participation in the Sarasota Model Railroad Club (SMRC) Holiday Train Show this (...) (18 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug)

  GFLTC at the Scale Rail Train Show - Nov. 26-27, 2005

For Immediate Release Contact: Robin Werner robinw A-T gfltc D-O-T org FORT MYERS, FLORIDA - The Greater Florida LEGO Train Club (GFLTC) is proud to announce its participation in the Scale Rails Holiday Train Show this November 26-27, 2005 at the (...) (18 years ago, 21-Nov-05, to lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug)

  Festival of the Masters in Orlando Nov 11-13 2005

The GFLUG/GFLTC will have a display at Festival of the Masters this weekend at the LEGO Store at Downtown Disney. The display will feature the History of Humanity (HoH) in LEGO bricks. This is the only big event for us in the Orlando area this year, (...) (19 years ago, 8-Nov-05, to lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.events)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact