 Local / United States / Florida / Orlando / 94
Re: Finds at Orlando PaB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 20:11:28 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl, Michael Huffman wrote:

my wife enjoyed watching me...

   Seeing as how I spend about an hour or two packing a single large cup, my
wife is happier when I go at night when our kids are asleep :)

trying to figure out the maximum amount of candy I can buy
with limited funds...

   This time I had a cup packed so nicely the lady checking me out commented on
it, and went and showed it to two other employees... and then forgot to tape the
lid on, spilling half the contents behind the counter. She was mortified, I was
just ammused. Heck, I got all the pieces anyway, as well as probably anything
else that was already on the floor back there.

I ended up talking with a store manager for about 15-30
minutes early one morning.

   The best time I ever had there was around 9 AM one morning. An employee
noticed me carefully examining every grab bag, as if looking for something. When
questioned, I explained that I built mostly robotics, so I was trying to find a
bag "rich in gears and technic". She brought out a huge scrap bin from the back
that they pack the grab bags from, and let me go wild. One large PaB cup with
three or four Technic turntables, tens of gears, and probably a hundred assorted
Technic pins bursting from under the lid. My son packed a cup as well. Talk
about a kid(s) in the candy store!

Cool, grab bags!

   Literally hundreds of them - I've never seen that many. But they were almost
all identical, with a very similar parts mix. I suspect they were filled from
leftover PaB bins ("a handful from A, a handful from B", etc.). You'll have to
dig... but that's where the fun is.

--
Brian Davis