 Local / United States / Florida / Orlando / 97
Re: Finds at Orlando PaB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:59:08 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl, Mike Walsh wrote:

I spend about an hour or two packing a single large cup,

I really don't understand doing this.

   I have to admit, it's not time-efficient or really very cost effective (yes,
with careful packing you can fit more... but with the way many of us buy LEGO,
would buying another cup really kill you?). It is, in some ways, an experiential
or social thing. I spent a good deal of my time watching a kids face light up
when I showed them the pieces for a trap door, or a parent relax when I could
show them how to get wheels for their kid, or the occassional AFoL who's
searching for original grey in all the bley.

   In short, it's *fun*. Just like browing in the store, carefully examining the
boxes to see if there's any neat parts in there.

you have a really low value of your time.

   If that was all that mattered, yes. But consider if just the value of my time
was the major criterion, spending it a Disney (where there is no tangible return
for the time) is silly to begin with. I spend the time because it's fun - which
is another reason I *don't* do it with my family (when I'm with them, there are
*far* better ways to spend my time).

--
Brian Davis