 Local / United Kingdom / 2219
2218  |  2220
Subject:
Brickset - A 'new' online database
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.publish, lugnet.announce
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 21:11:08 GMT

"Huw and Grahame's LEGO set database" has now officially become BrickSet.
This is an alternative to Pause and should be considered as a second-opinion
rather than a duplication of information due to the fact the database has
been independently compiled by Grahame Reid.

The UI has been considerably enhanced and can now be found at its new
easy-to-remember URL www.brickset.co.uk

The database contains some 1500 sets, most with high-quality scans of
instruction covers or box fronts, and covers all commonly-collected themes
as well as being the premier guide to promotional sets. In time, its scope
will increase to become as comprehensive as Pause.

The interface is likely to be tweaked over the next few weeks, as I get
feedback from users of different browsers and platforms. It uses
technologies new to me (for example CSS) and while I have tested it on IE5
and NN 4.6, I welcome feedback from users of other systems.

Huw