 Local / United Kingdom / 2207
Re: Thumbnail images (was: Re: FreeNetnames comes up trumps!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.publish, lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 00:31:45 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Simon Denscombe writes:
Are you going to update the Pause Database in the near future -

On the average, it's actually updated several times per day, statistically...
but it depends on which area...

I know it's
time consuming - especially the service packs in the 5xxx range, they have
entires but the uploaded pictures of them which I know have been submitted
haven't made their way to the web yet.  It would be really useful to have
those entered as they appear no-one else on the Internet.

Did you send pictures for that?  They might be sitting in my inbox -- I'm
backlogged.  Or they might be in one of the incoming ftp folders.

One of the reasons I haven't been stuffing every image in right away (some,
but not all) is because it's a better use of time to get the memberships
thing tied in with the DB first, because then people can submit changes and
new images in a much more convenient format for both the sender and the
receiver...

(Would you like to add any images directly into the DB yourself?  :-)

--Todd

[followups to lugnet.admin.database]