 Local / United Kingdom / 2167
Re: FreeNetnames comes up trumps!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 14:52:59 GMT

Huw Millington wrote:

I have also totally redesigned the site, hopefully for the better, so all
readers of loc.uk are welcome to come and give it a test drive before I
announce it live and remove the old front end.

The new pages use cascading style sheets which, I have just found out to my
annoyance, Netscape does not support properly. When using this browser, it
is not obvious what is a link and what is not, because it has recognised the
CSS command not to underline them, but has not coloured them blue!

I confirm lack of underline, and worse, I don't see the blue either. But
the pointer DOES change to a finger.

I am using Netscape Communicator 4.04 (insert obligatory Tom Stangl rant
that I should upgrade). I am not using document specific fonts or
colors.

Note to US readers: I registered the domain at 22:00 GMT yesterday. They
claim it may take 24 hours to filter round the 'net, so if the above link is
broken, but you are itching to see my new efforts, go to
http://nt1.pncl.co.uk/huw/new

Obviously, the link worked for me at this time (about 10:00 AM eastern
or 5? behind GMT)

Looks brill. Very sharp layout overall...

I see you're using Hitbox. I like those guys. One of their techies, who
I had occasion to correspond with, is a lurker at least on RTL if not
here.

Your "how you can help" page should have some sort of a link back to
"How to mail us" or some such, maybe even a form to fill out??