 Local / United Kingdom / 2197
Re: FreeNetnames comes up trumps!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 19:57:35 GMT

Richard Franks <spontificus@__nospam__yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:FM4xFv.LAw@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.loc.uk, Huw Millington writes:
I believe I have sorted all the Netscape anomalies, except for one - URLS
can't contain spaces, which I'll fix tomorrow.

Please LMK if it looks OK for you now.

It looks really spiffy! I *really* like the random set idea! The hitbox • add is
submerged at the bottom of my window though (Netscape 4.6), ie - the • bottom is
going off the bottom of the screen.

I think it only appears if you run at 1024x768 currently. It sounds like you
are running 800x600.

I'm curious though why it duplicates a lot of the pause database - is • there a
reason or is it for the fun of it? (A valid reason as any!)
Or is it to show the alternate design interface, which works really well
btw!

'Because I can' :-) Just for the hell of it, really. While I respect Pause
as an information source, I don't find the interface to my liking. A lot of
people say they like the thubnailed list presentation, which Pause does not
offer. Also another design goal was to have high quality scans of
instruction covers for all the images - some of the Pause ones are from
catalogues, which I don't like. About 95% of non-promotional sets have been
scanned by myself or Grahame from paper copies we own, or taken fron
Brickshelf.

Oh, the new city highway set (6600) number conflicts with an earlier town • set -
I was wondering why you had instructions for it already!

Oops. I'll corect that.

Huw