 Local / Australia / 14643 (-100)
  Peth Lego Updates

Hi All, PALS' Site has just been updated some new pics of our current works in progress, as well as some video of last year's layout. (URL) Adult Lego Society (14 years ago, 7-Mar-10, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Lego Ambassadors

(...) Thanks Tim, Fully understood. Cheers, Tim (14 years ago, 14-Feb-10, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Lego Ambassadors

(...) This has been discussed elsewhere but to give a hint: I think the surname should give it away to an Australian. Tim PS. No program is safe from false applicants. (14 years ago, 14-Feb-10, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Lego Ambassadors

Hi all, I am relatively new to lugnet and the AFOL scene in Australia. I have been looking through the Ambassador Program 2009 and the Australian page of Lugnet. The Ambassador page shows three ambassadors in Australia; Sue Ann Barber – MUGs – (...) (14 years ago, 13-Feb-10, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Micro-micro scale Eureka Tower

In the style of Adam Tuckers fantastic Architecture models, I created this Micro-micro version of the Eureka tower as a test. I tried to follow the same principals of low piece count, but high recognize-ability for this model. (URL) It has sat (...) (14 years ago, 3-Jan-10, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Airport

Hi All, I've updated the PALS site with some pics of our Airport. (URL) nearly complete, but due to space and time restrictions we had to pack it up to start work on the next section of our layout. Be sure to have a browse around for some other (...) (15 years ago, 13-Dec-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.loc.au)

  Perth Lego Updated

Hi All, PALS site has just been updated with some pics of next years big layout under construction. (URL) soon. Braith. (15 years ago, 16-Nov-09, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  NXT 2.0 launches at Dick Smith

NXT 2.0 has been available at some Dick Smith stores recently, but this weekend is the official launch, and I will be at Tricky Dicky’s Macarthur Square in Campbelltown, NSW this Saturday 3rd October from around 11am-3pm to demonstrate the new set (...) (15 years ago, 29-Sep-09, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  SW Dropship/Walker #10195 = AU$212.50 @ Kmart

This set has been K-marked down to $250 ("Clearance item", yellow ticket) and at the moment there's 15% off Lego, so it scanned as $212.50. Usually items being cleared (or "quit" as they say in the "industry") will continue to be %(?)slashed every (...) (15 years ago, 24-Sep-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  beware of ebay nutters

ebay user karen_xdublin (15 years ago, 27-Aug-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Ebay

(...) So what's the name and/or ebay ID of the person who made the death threat? (15 years ago, 20-Aug-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Ebay

(...) Are you going to name and shame them then? Tim (15 years ago, 20-Aug-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Ebay

For as many as nine years I have been buying Lego from Ebay.over the years There has been very few items I have received that have been in some way not as the auction described.In all but one of these instances the seller was helpfull and (...) (15 years ago, 18-Aug-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Brickvention 2010

(...) Hi Jonathan, Details have not been finalised yet, but current plans are as per this year: Victoria University building, Flinders St. Australia day weekend, 22-24 Jan. There are currently no plans to change the full registration price from $50. (...) (15 years ago, 27-Jul-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Brickvention 2010

I am currently investigating the feasibility of making the trip across to Melbourne for Brickvention 2010 and I want to get some details of when, where and how much so I can start looking at airfares and accommodation and stuff. (15 years ago, 23-Jul-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Toys R us

30 % off lego starts friday and ends sunday worth a look.... (15 years ago, 22-Jul-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Big-W toy sale

Catalogue out now some good prices Mini Millenium falcon $48 Venator $169 (15 years ago, 29-Jun-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Kmart Toy sale

(...) Medieval market is currently $149 but it is suppose to be 20%off for the sale so the lego rep for W.A told me. The dropship at k-mart is currently $399 and the deathstar is currently $749 i scanned them both this morning at my local kmart (...) (15 years ago, 29-Jun-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Kmart Toy sale

I have just seen in the Target toy sale catalogue (starting 23 July) that they have 10193 (Castle Medieval Market Village) but there is no price listed. This is a set I have been hoping would come out in the sales (although I thought I was being (...) (15 years ago, 29-Jun-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Kmart Toy sale

(...) Is the AT-OT already available and marked down to $349? I couldn't see any at my local Kmart. (15 years ago, 26-Jun-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Kmart Toy sale

(...) Thanks for the heads up! Richie Dulin CO Legeaux (15 years ago, 24-Jun-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Kmart Toy sale

(...) sports car $10 campervan $23 Tow truck $16 Garage $108 Separatist shuttle $46 City Corner $78 Helicopter transport $46 (...) (15 years ago, 24-Jun-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Kmart Toy sale

Prices that i have so far are: 10195 republic dropship $349 Also spotted today at Kmart set 7642 garage - $139 and set 8402 sports car - $13 (15 years ago, 24-Jun-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Toyworld sale now on

Not oo much in the discount price department but i did manage to get my 8038 endor base $199. They also had the new castle sets exclusive apparently for now at shop@home prices 7097 Troll mountain $149, 7079 drawbridge defense $69.99, 7078 Battle (...) (15 years ago, 21-Jun-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Exclusives who has what

Myer : 10189 Taj Mahal 5635 Big Zoo 5489 Vehicle Building Set Kmart:Available in July 10188 Death Star 10195 Republic Dropship ToysRus: 7680 The Twilight 7681 Separatist Spider Droid Target:Available July 10193 Medieval Market Place 3833 Krusty (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  New sets and News......

Hi all hot off the press lego star wars Endor battle on sale this month from toyworld $199..... And for all you people not lucky to have joined the lego club the second half catalogue is now out great pics.... (15 years ago, 10-Jun-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Perth Model Railway Show 2009 Pics

Hi All, The Perth Adult Lego Society has wowed the crowds at the latest model railway show with a huge 14 metre bridge, a thumping concert stage, a massive cruise ship, and heaps of other details that made this year's display our best yet! Check out (...) (15 years ago, 2-Jun-09, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.announce) !

  Perth Model Railway Show - This weekend!!

Hi All, This Long Weekend (May 30th - June 1st) the Perth Adult Lego Society is displaying it's biggest train and town layout yet at the Perth Model Railway Show. Come along to the Claremont Showgrounds to see our world record bridge attempt, lots (...) (15 years ago, 27-May-09, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.events)

  Market Street @ Toyworld

I spotted the Market Street at Toyworld in Fremantle today for $130 Also spotted at the Toyworld in Mandurah, price unknown (15 years ago, 14-May-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Fokker DR1 Triplane , The Dead Baron

(...) I heard that an Aussie shot down the Baron, and now another one has resurrected him! Good stuff. Braith. (15 years ago, 5-May-09, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: Fokker DR1 Triplane , The Dead Baron

The bullet hole effect is great. Very nice work. (15 years ago, 4-May-09, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Fokker DR1 Triplane , The Dead Baron

WWI - The greatest Pilot of all was the Red Baron, 80 confirmed kills, with his most Iconic craft his Fokker DR1, the triplane. But he is dead now. Or is he (URL) Now back to continue what was started, He continues to war war on allied Pilots 90 (...) (15 years ago, 2-May-09, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.au, FTX) !

  Re: The Bridge

Wow! Just wow! (...) (15 years ago, 29-Apr-09, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.loc.au)

  The Bridge

Hi All, Some work in progress pics of our bridge are up. (URL) goes to David Tidman for the time and effort taken to build this monster. More pics of the complete bridge coming soon. Cheers, Braith PALS. (15 years ago, 26-Apr-09, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.loc.au) !

  20% off at Target

Target (as of today, Friday) had 20% off. And the one I was at (Victoria Park) had Farm stuff. (15 years ago, 3-Apr-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Some vehicle MOCs

These vehicles will make an Appearance on the next club layout. (URL) dune buggy (URL) Holden Ute (pickup truck to you yanks) with some Gangsters at the wheel. The gangsters have just stolen some gold and jewels from the local bank (URL) Holden (...) (15 years ago, 29-Mar-09, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.town)

  A couple of shops

Here are a couple of shops I have built for the next train layout (URL) building contains a Dick Smith (shop that sells computers, cameras, TVs, phones and electronic gadgets and stuff) on the lower level and a map shop located on the upper level (...) (15 years ago, 29-Mar-09, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.town)

  A couple of items for an Amusment Park

(URL) is a ball toss game (like the "toss the ball into the bucket" game only with power miners rock monsters). Notice the rainbow sign on the roof. (URL) classic space themed shooting gallery (with bottles on the back wall to shoot) with clear (...) (15 years ago, 29-Mar-09, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.town)

  New MOC of a Bunnings store

I have created a MOC of a Bunnings Warehouse store. (for those who dont know of it, its a large warehouse hardware store similar to Home Depot in the US) (URL) of the store with the main entrance, the cage where you swap the bbq gas calenders and (...) (15 years ago, 29-Mar-09, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.town)

  New MOC of a Transperth Bus

I have created a model that is loosely based on a Transperth (local bus company here in Perth) bus. I would have built it in Light Bley but some of the pieces (door frame, wheel arches, some others) dont exist in that color. Pictures: (URL) be kind (...) (15 years ago, 26-Mar-09, to lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.au)

  Farm sets available at K-Mart

Spotted the 4 farm sets (tractor, horse float, harvester, farm) at K-Mart in Warwick. Didn't notice any other new sets. (15 years ago, 20-Mar-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  BBQ stand

Hi just purchased all the new pirate impulse sets and the BBQ stand at toy world also they have the vulture droid set on exclusive sale for $79.00 Michael. (15 years ago, 10-Mar-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  TasLUG's meeting

It has been some years since a TasLUG meeting. I have been having a regular stall at my local market selling Lego and have met quite a few adults who are interested in Lego. Therefore I thought it was time to revive TasLUG's and therefore will be (...) (15 years ago, 9-Mar-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Perth Adult Lego Society - site update

Hi All, The Perth Adult Lego Society's site has just been updated with some new pics of our current work in progress. Check out the 2009 layout (to be displayed in June) at... (URL) While you're there, take a look at my version of Lego's VW in (...) (15 years ago, 8-Mar-09, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Release date for the BBQ stand, anyone know it?

Does anyone know when (and where) the new BBQ stand impulse set is due to hit our shores? The catalog shows the set but doesn't list a release date at all. (15 years ago, 8-Mar-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Power miners

Hi all power miners are now at Target and 20% off sale starts today so if they are your thing nows the time to buy..... (15 years ago, 5-Mar-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Microscale Eureka Tower, with Power function , Plus an announcement

(...) Thx Eric, your support is much appreciated. A) Yes I agree dark blue (and dark green/red) are great colours to work with, and B) A public display is something I have dreamed about for a while, for it to become reality like this is fantastic. (15 years ago, 11-Feb-09, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.microscale)

  Re: Microscale Eureka Tower, with Power function , Plus an announcement

What great post! Dark Blue, NICE! + the design, stunning. Quite and inspirational experience for this to happen, very cool! (15 years ago, 5-Feb-09, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.microscale)

  Microscale Eureka Tower, with Power function , Plus an announcement

Hi After a while of non-posting of any MOC's I am proud to announce my newest Microscale creation - The Eureka Tower 1:300 scale . (URL) This is 4 months in the making (mainly due to running out of Dark Blue and having to buy more) and hence this (...) (15 years ago, 5-Feb-09, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Brickvention 2009 - How was it?

(...) Here's the URL: (URL) of the Melbourne AFOLs use it. (15 years ago, 3-Feb-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Perth Adult Lego Society Has A Home!

Hi All, I've been playing around with Google Sites and put together a little something for the Perth Adult Lego Society... (URL) a look at the 2009 layout for some of our work in progress. I still have lots of pics to add so check back for new (...) (15 years ago, 2-Feb-09, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Brickvention 2009 - How was it?

(...) Roundabout the place. Stajinaria (2 URLs) mailing list (I think) Not so convenient unfortunately. Tim (15 years ago, 2-Feb-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Brickvention 2009 - How was it?

If people aren't posting here anymore, where are they posting? Thanks, David (...) (15 years ago, 2-Feb-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Brickvention 2009 - How was it?

(...) That's a shame. This used to be a great hub for sharing Aussie Lego stuff. (...) Some awesome MOCs guys and gals. Congratulations on a successful show. Braith. (15 years ago, 2-Feb-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Brickvention 2009 - How was it?

(...) Hi Braith, Unfortunately most people have given up posting here due to complications with the way Lugnet identifies users. Brickvention 2009 was really great, the level of interest by the public in particular was phenomenal. Overall a massive (...) (15 years ago, 1-Feb-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Brickvention 2009 - How was it?

Hi All, So, no Brickvention 2009 posts here yet. How was the show? Got any highlights to share? Maybe a link to some pics? Is it on again next year? Anyone? Braith. (15 years ago, 31-Jan-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Its here indianna is here...

Hi all K-mart kardinya has the new indi sets. shanghai chase $49.99 flying wing $79.99 (15 years ago, 30-Jan-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  MOC-in-progress - Lego Dragline

A Lego model that I've been thinking of building for a while now is a Lego dragline. I was recently inspired by David Wegmuller's dragline, and Ross Crawford's 'Lil Muskie', so I finally started work on it, and I'm happy with the progress I've made (...) (15 years ago, 28-Jan-09, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.technic)

  Kmart 15% off plus clearance prices on 2008 sets.

Was at K-mart over the weekend and they have one of their semi reguar 15% off all Lego sales. What was different this time was that they also have marked most of the 2008 sets as clearence prices (don't know if there is a specific amount the are (...) (15 years ago, 27-Jan-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  New sets spotted today

Went to various stores including Myer, Big W, Target, K-Mart and Toyworld. Spotted the following items at at least one store: Pirate, Castle and Fire Fighter creator building sets Mini Jet Mini Off-Roader Green creator car Front End Loader Dump (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jan-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: new sets, anyone seen them yet?

(...) I saw and bought 6192 Pirate basic set for $13.88 at Big W. Cool little set, might get another. Shelves were pretty bare. (...) I guess so. (...) Why don't you keep a look out for us and report back. And take a pen and paper to write some (...) (15 years ago, 13-Jan-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  new sets, anyone seen them yet?

Has anyone seen any of the new 2009 sets yet? Anyone know if we are getting them? Which stores will be getting them? (esp the shanghai chase, the 4x4 with horse float, the city figure pack, the pirate cannon battle or any of the impulse sets) (15 years ago, 10-Jan-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Brickvention - just a few weeks away!

Hi Everyone! Brickvention 2009 (Melbourne) is just a few short weeks away and the committee are really geared up to bring you a great weekend. If you haven't signed up for the whole weekend, and you intend to do so, DO IT NOW! This year, we're (...) (15 years ago, 5-Jan-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Merry Christmas too all 2009 lego now available

(...) They dont print the LEGO logo on the studs or mention LEGO on the site, its just as legal as MegaBlox or any other clone. (15 years ago, 1-Jan-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Merry Christmas too all 2009 lego now available

Merry Christmas to all, You guys might like one of the presents I got - a Lego USB stick. (URL) one before they get C&D'd. David Drew (...) (15 years ago, 26-Dec-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Merry Christmas too all 2009 lego now available

Hi all 2009 lego sets now available from shop@home web site very happy with the price of the castle market street $149 Michael. (15 years ago, 26-Dec-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  QR 1450 Class diesel

(URL) effort on the 1450 engine. I must say that the old blue/white colour scheme is a hell of a lot easier to do that the current maroon/gold. (16 years ago, 9-Dec-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  BLTG? Are they still about?

Tried for a while to get onto their homepage, but it does not resolve - does it still exist? (16 years ago, 4-Dec-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Volkswagen beetle & cafe corner at David Jones

I was in David Jones (Perth CBD) today and they had the Volkswagen Beetle in stock at a few cents shy of $200. Also had a pile of cafe corners if anyone wants one of those (cant remember what price though) (16 years ago, 28-Nov-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  X-mas price updates

Ok so where is everyone and what about some x-mas price special updates. Just spotted ( and purchased ). lego star wars sand crawler at toyworld for $219.00 (16 years ago, 27-Nov-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Model Rail Show at Ipswich Workshops

Is anyone going? Post plenty of pics if possible please. (16 years ago, 26-Oct-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri)

  Brickvention 2009!

(URL) Brickvention is Australia’s own LEGO convention and it’s only a few months away! The 2009 Brickvention will be held over the Australia Day Long Weekend (January 24th to 25th) in Melbourne, Australia and promises to be an exciting event. (...) (16 years ago, 24-Oct-08, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: Australian Worker's Cottage

(...) We had one of those clotheslines when I was a kid - very fun to play with - so spinny...dad was always having to straighten out the bars for some reason ;^) (...) Katrina (16 years ago, 23-Oct-08, to lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: Australian Worker's Cottage

(...) I needed the (URL) wikipedia entry> to figure out what kind of contraption that was. A nice model, it also reminds me to the kind of houses of wich so many were destroyed by the "Catrina" floodings (and partly also by the subsequent real (...) (16 years ago, 23-Oct-08, to lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: Australian Worker's Cottage

In lugnet.town, Timothy Gould wrote: -- snip! -- (...) Onya Tim! Love it! My missus also highly approves! The Hills Hoist in the background is *awesome* - all it needs is a kid swinging off the hoist! :-P I'm actually working on a new town module (...) (16 years ago, 23-Oct-08, to lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.au)

  Australian Worker's Cottage

(URL) Hi all, Thought I'd break with my recent lazy tradition and actually announce an MOC. The above is a fairly simply designed Australian worker's cottage: a style of house quite common in certain suburbs of Australian cities. As some people know (...) (16 years ago, 23-Oct-08, to lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.au, FTX) !

  Re: Photos of the SLTC at the 2008 AMRA Exhibition

In lugnet.loc.au, Braith Garden wrote: -- snip! -- (...) Thanks Braith, we did have fun! As I remember during the show, one of the common questions I was asked by kids and adults alike was "What is that blue building?", to which I would (nearly (...) (16 years ago, 12-Oct-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Photos of the SLTC at the 2008 AMRA Exhibition

(...) Thanks Braith :^) The blue tower started out as a space station for a planned Brikwars event, but wasn't finished in time. It was built in Insectoid colours and uses curved track to form the ring. What better use for a space station, than to (...) (16 years ago, 12-Oct-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Photos of the SLTC at the 2008 AMRA Exhibition

(...) Great work SLTC! An impressive layout and congratulations on your win. That blue tower is a work of art. Hope you all had fun. Cheers, Braith. (16 years ago, 11-Oct-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Making custom stickers, advice needed

(...) There was a recent discussion about this on the Trains-n-Town website: (URL) Basically, I've used the RGB values from the ldraw.org color chart, printed on regular white mailing labels as a base, then modified till the color came close. There (...) (16 years ago, 10-Oct-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Castle Advent Calender not hitting .au

According to a report from someone at LEGO aus, the castle advent calender is not coming down under, so if you want one, better do a S@H order to get one. The city advent calender is aparently going to hit Toyworld at a date as of yet unknown (most (...) (16 years ago, 10-Oct-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Making custom stickers, advice needed

I am looking for advice on how to make custom stickers. I have a Canon color ink jet printer to make them with (I dont think it can do anything special like print white ink) Firstly, I am looking for advice as to what sort of sticker paper to use (...) (16 years ago, 10-Oct-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

  Photos of the SLTC at the 2008 AMRA Exhibition

G'day all, The Sydney LEGO Train Club (SLTC) has recently presented it's third layout at the 46th Annual Australian Model Railway Association (AMRA) Exhibition. (URL) Our 2008 layout was approximately 7.5m x 3.5m in size, and featured an airport, (...) (16 years ago, 10-Oct-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Brickvention 2009?

(...) It will certainly be on. Have you been to the website since the last Brickvention? (URL) (16 years ago, 7-Oct-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Brickvention 2009?

Planning my holidays for next year. Any confirmation that Brickvention will be on again in 2009 over the Australia Day long weekend? If so, will definitely be planning to be there, but would like to know, so that I can book travel and accommodation. (16 years ago, 6-Oct-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: SLTC to display at AMRA Sydney Model Railway Exhibition

(...) G'day all, In addition to the above, you can download a show flyer (in PDF format): (URL) visit the AMRA NSW website: (URL) Also, for those that like their videos, you can view the show advertisement on YouTube (look out for quick shot of the (...) (16 years ago, 29-Sep-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  SLTC to display at AMRA Sydney Model Railway Exhibition

Hello everybody The upcoming long weekend on October 4th,5th and 6th the Sydney Lego Train Club will be displaying the latest club effort at the Australian Model Railway Association Annual Train Show at the Hurstville Aquatic Leisure Centre corner (...) (16 years ago, 23-Sep-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Would "wargin' please remove my email address (and a few others) from her mailing list?

You have sent me a large email which was comprised of a huge .jpeg attachment, and which unnecessarily causes me to see over fifty email addresses. Your item would also be considered a spam item because it is hitting "webform at paypal dot com" (...) (16 years ago, 12-Sep-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Death Star 10188

(...) I remember the $1 laptops offered by Toshiba a few years ago. (16 years ago, 31-Aug-08, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Death Star 10188

(...) Wow! Props to LEGO Direct for making good on *their* oops. Plenty of net companies would try to weasel their way out/cancel the order. Big sets like this really highlight the disparity of pricing from country to country (explained in some part (...) (16 years ago, 31-Aug-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.market.theory)

  Death Star 10188

Sometimes one gets lucky. Wish I'd ordered more than one. :-) Dear Valued LEGO Customer: We’d like to thank you for preordering the NEW 10188 Death Star(TM) sure to be one of the most exciting LEGO® Star Wars(TM) sets this year! Recently, we (...) (16 years ago, 30-Aug-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  NR 28 "Indian Pacific" and a boat

(URL) NR 28>> Hi all, It's been a long time since I built anything train related but I was in the mood last night and managed to build this baby. It's one of the locos of the Indian-Pacific ((URL)) which operates on the East-West trans-continental (...) (16 years ago, 31-Jul-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.au, FTX) !

  Brisbane libraries interested in having Lego displays

At the Indooroopilly library recently there's been a small Lego display, which seemed to be a strange mix of 1960s Lego (hey, I was there, so I remember what those parts looked like) and a few recemt sets. Anyhow, thinking that maybe there was an (...) (16 years ago, 28-Jul-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: New display at Myer Sydney

hmmmm, they look like my 112 8L axles ? Steve (16 years ago, 22-Jul-08, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: New display at Myer Sydney

(...) I uploaded some pics that were taken during setup, as well as a screenshot from the Myer website (which contains a pic taken at Ipswich Art Gallery ... go figure). Go on. Click it. You know you want to. (URL) ROSCO (16 years ago, 20-Jul-08, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: Peter Parsons - very sad news

(...) Peter and I have had our differences and I'm very happy we managed to resolve them before his untimely death. My condolences to all his family, friends and those who knew him well. It is always sad to see someone go before their time. Tim (16 years ago, 9-Jul-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Peter Parsons - very sad news

Peter's funeral will be held next Friday 11am at Centenary Memorial Gardens, 353 Wacol Station Road, Sumner. If anyone wants a postal address to send a message of condolence, email me and I will pass on the address (I don't want to post the address (...) (16 years ago, 6-Jul-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Peter Parsons - very sad news

It is with great sadness that I report that Peter Parsons passed away this weekend in the PA Hospital. Peter was a man who loved Lego. He founded the Brisbane Lego Train Group and was involved in organising many train shows. He put on many Lego (...) (16 years ago, 6-Jul-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Myer Brisbane CBD - Cargo Train delux

Myer Bris CBD has te Cargo Train delux kit/set for 160$ (16 years ago, 6-Jul-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Mid year sales

(...) That looks good although the postage will be a killer. Better to wait and see what price Target (who has the dream liner in their catalog) will sell it for. (16 years ago, 4-Jul-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact