 Local / Australia / 14595
14594  |  14596
Subject:
Microscale Eureka Tower, with Power function , Plus an announcement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2009 06:48:22 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi

After a while of non-posting of any MOC’s I am proud to announce my newest Microscale creation - The Eureka Tower 1:300 scale .

This is 4 months in the making (mainly due to running out of Dark Blue and having to buy more) and hence this hit the wallet pretty hard. It is just under the height of the Eiffel tower at 1 metre, and has a power function setup inside the top to periodically extend and retract the “edge” sky deck. The center core is built studs down, which allows the lip of the DBley tiles to act as railings for the balconies. The tower has a diamond shape from above and twists as it climbs, which was a challenge to recreate in this scale

It first appeared publicly at this years Brickvention, and consists of 2 VW’s and 5 Bricklink orders just for the Dark Blue

More Photos can be found on flickr with comments http://www.flickr.com/photos/30186055@N07/3254939946/. and extra images on Brickshelf http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=366688 (all taken by Shannon Ocean, I broke my camera). (for reference http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eureka_tower )

So what is the announcement? Well, The Eureka Tower was spotted by a manager from the same tower in question, and as of today, for approximately the next 3 months, The Eureka tower, the Shrine, and Flinders st will be on Public Display at the Eureka Sky Deck in Melbourne.

I have also finally uploaded to Brickshelf/flickr the shrine and Flinders st

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/30186055@N07/3255158684/

Flinders st http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=366690

The Shrine of Remembrance http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=366691

Enjoy Aaron A

PS. for the purist, 1 piece is glued (the pressure kept popping it off) and the gold is painted, due to the supply of Chrome Gold tiles I purchased have so many different shades and hues, it looked like a patchwork Quilt instead of a gold beacon