 Local / Australia / 14566
Re: Photos of the SLTC at the 2008 AMRA Exhibition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 2008 00:50:14 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Braith Garden wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Jean-Pierre Manalo wrote:

Once moderated, images that I had taken of the layout during the show will be available from my Brickshelf folder:

Great work SLTC! An impressive layout and congratulations on your win.

That blue tower is a work of art. Hope you all had fun.

Cheers,

Braith.

Thanks Braith :^) The blue tower started out as a space station for a planned Brikwars event, but wasn’t finished in time. It was built in Insectoid colours and uses curved track to form the ring.

What better use for a space station, than to give it some legs so it can lurk in the park at the end of town. The blue tower attracted favourable comments from female attendees (!?!)

Lots of compliments for the 2 big bridges on the layout, Robb’s leggy Znap effort spanning the canyon and Stump’s Technic arch bridge over the river.

Attendances were up overall and we enjoyed being back in the main hall.

-pete.w