 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 6236
Re: LEGO instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 2006 01:58:11 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Ross Crawford wrote:
It's more complicated than that, because the PDFs are stored by the 7 digit LEGO
number, not the set number. Basically I scan the header of all files in a
certain range (about 1 million), and if it is a PDF I check against my database,
downloading it to my hard drive if I don't already have it.

Ahh. Yeah, I could see that as being potentially red-flagging, if they're
getting a million hits in a short period of time.  I was definitely thinking
smaller scale than that.

Indeed. Interestingly, I just got a reply from LEGO, saying they could not
duplicate the problem, I think probably because the first line of support
doesn't understand the problem. The dialogue continues...

Heh, the inevitable 1st level of tech support :) It will be interesting to hear
their explanation, assuming you get one.

DaveE