 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 6226
Re: LEGO instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2006 13:59:51 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Kerry Raymond wrote:

"Ross Crawford" <ross.{mylastname}@gmail.com> wrote in message
For almost a week now, I have been unable to download instructions from
the LEGO
site: http://www.lego.com/eng/buildinginstructions/ I have been getting a
page
saying "Server Error", no matter which instructions I choose. I sent an
email
off, but got no reply, and then asked some other people, and found that
many are
not getting the same error.

Hmm, I get Server Error too. Maybe it doesn't like Australians? (By the way,
I didn't see the Death Star instructions listed).

I'm thinking maybe they've put in some anti-scanning check, to try to stop me
getting data for my instruction download page:
http://www.br-eng.info/words/?page_id=29 and said check is blocking a large
number of Australian IPs. My ISP is Primus, and as my IP changes every day or
so, they may have blocked a large chunk of IPs. At least 2 other Aussies so far
have said they are experiencing the same problem.

But I could be wrong.

ROSCO

(PS: Their page does not list all instructions available, mine does (well up
until I started getting the error). Search for 10143, you will find it is there,
but you won't be able to download it because of the error.)