 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 6229
Re: LEGO instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2006 15:12:47 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Ross Crawford wrote:
I'm thinking maybe they've put in some anti-scanning check, to try to stop me
getting data for my instruction download page:
http://www.br-eng.info/words/?page_id=29 and said check is blocking a large
number of Australian IPs. My ISP is Primus, and as my IP changes every day or
so, they may have blocked a large chunk of IPs. At least 2 other Aussies so
far have said they are experiencing the same problem.

So... I don't quite understand-- It says your site is hosted at NorthStar, which
is in Chicago, yes? Are you scanning Lego's site from that server, or from a
machine in Australia? Other question I guess would be how often do you poll?

Of curiosity, I tried downloading set 7133 via your site and via Lego's site,
and got two different URL's:

From your site:
http://assets.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/4177480.pdf

From Lego:
http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/7133-1.pdf

If you're polling in Australia, but hosting in Chicago, the other way around the
problem is to actually load the PDF file from Lego on the US server, then
connect to that directly from your PC. It just has the potential to create a lot
more traffic on your server :)

DaveE