 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4847
Re: New Santa Fe Car Sets #10022 and #10025
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 20:18:51 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.castle, Rick Clark writes:
Aaron West wrote:

Hm. A better question might be "WHERE ARE the fan clubs for the other
popular themes of CASTLE, PIRATE, and SPACE?" There are at least twelve
organized LEGO train clubs in the US, plus clubs in the rest of the
world as well. Each club holds regular, highly public shows each year,
and directly inspires interest in the LEGO Trains line.

I see plenty of clubs: WAMALUG, NELUG, MICHLUG, etc.  These cater to all Lego
fans.

...There is no such thing as a National Model Castle Association or National Model
Spaceship Association, with regional shows.  There just is not enough interest
to sustain such things.

But there are plenty of local/regional opportunities.  In MichLUG, we have
done space and castle displays at science fiction conventions and some
members have done a fundraiser for a local church with train, space, and
castle.  It's just a matter of getting in touch with people with like
interests and doing some footwork in finding places to display.

Peter

FUT .general--maybe not the best place for this but we need to get this
discussion out of all the theme groups.