 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4846
Re: New Santa Fe Car Sets #10022 and #10025
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 02:56:25 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Trobaugh writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes:
As for Train Shows, virtually NONE are comprised of a single Lego Train layout,
and organized by said train club.  They're invited to model railroading shows,
not as Lego bricks built into trains, but model trains built out of Lego.
There is no such thing as a National Model Castle Association or National Model
Spaceship Association, with regional shows.

Oh no, we here in the NGLTC often do stand alone shows that we are invited
to do, or think up ourselves. We've done display at the Atlanta History
Center during the Christmas holidays, the Festival of Trees (also Christmas
themed), we done layouts at local shopping centers, including the LEGO
Outlet stores, we've done layouts at small town festivals. Also I know of
many other train clubs that have done layouts at their local TRUs.

So train clubs don't wait for the "big" train shows to have an excuse to
show our hobby to the public, we are always on the look out for an situation
to be able to do so.

Lego is releasing a large number of train sets because
that is currently where they are getting free advertising (and consequently
increased sales): from the layouts at shows.

Exactly Rick's point.

jt

This is way too crossposted.

Jude