 Castle / 13644
Re: New Santa Fe Car Sets #10022 and #10025
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 01:25:00 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Rick Clark writes:
Aaron West wrote:

Hm. A better question might be "WHERE ARE the fan clubs for the other
popular themes of CASTLE, PIRATE, and SPACE?" There are at least twelve
organized LEGO train clubs in the US, plus clubs in the rest of the
world as well. Each club holds regular, highly public shows each year,
and directly inspires interest in the LEGO Trains line.

I see plenty of clubs: WAMALUG, NELUG, MICHLUG, etc.  These cater to all Lego
fans.

As for Train Shows, virtually NONE are comprised of a single Lego Train layout,
and organized by said train club.  They're invited to model railroading shows,
not as Lego bricks built into trains, but model trains built out of Lego.
There is no such thing as a National Model Castle Association or National Model
Spaceship Association, with regional shows.  There just is not enough interest
to sustain such things.  Lego is releasing a large number of train sets because
that is currently where they are getting free advertising (and consequently
increased sales): from the layouts at shows.

Jeff