 Castle / 13643
  Re: New Santa Fe Car Sets #10022 and #10025

Aaron West wrote: <snip> (...) Hm. A better question might be "WHERE ARE the fan clubs for the other popular themes of CASTLE, PIRATE, and SPACE?" There are at least twelve organized LEGO train clubs in the US, plus clubs in the rest of the world as (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: New Santa Fe Car Sets #10022 and #10025

(...) I see plenty of clubs: WAMALUG, NELUG, MICHLUG, etc. These cater to all Lego fans. As for Train Shows, virtually NONE are comprised of a single Lego Train layout, and organized by said train club. They're invited to model railroading shows, (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: New Santa Fe Car Sets #10022 and #10025

(...) <snip> (...) Oh no, we here in the NGLTC often do stand alone shows that we are invited to do, or think up ourselves. We've done display at the Atlanta History Center during the Christmas holidays, the Festival of Trees (also Christmas (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: New Santa Fe Car Sets #10022 and #10025

(...) This is way too crossposted. Jude XFUT .trains (22 years ago, 6-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Santa Fe Car Sets #10022 and #10025

(...) But there are plenty of local/regional opportunities. In MichLUG, we have done space and castle displays at science fiction conventions and some members have done a fundraiser for a local church with train, space, and castle. It's just a (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Train Shows

(...) Well, PNLTC is doing a good job of bucking this trend. I am slowly recovering from my first day at a PNLTC show. We have lined up a store front in a mall for the rest of the summer. Today was our first open house. We have been building the (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jul-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Train Shows

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes: [snip] (...) [snip] (...) At some point I am hoping pictures will appear. [I have already zoomed over to the PNLTC site where I thought there might be a shot or two ... but not yet... soon? please?] To have a (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jul-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Train Shows

(...) Well said, Frank. I am currently in the process of inventorying my N-scale model railroad collection in order to sell it (well, maybe I'll keep the Southern Rwy F3A-B set from Kato) and jump into Lego railroading with both feet (and wallet!). (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jul-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Santa Fe Car Sets #10022 and #10025

(...) maybe lugnet.org? crossposted there since it does seem like a topic that might be of some interest to organizations everywhere (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org)