 General / 37426
Re: Train Shows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 13:05:27 GMT

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:
[snip]

Well, PNLTC is doing a good job of bucking this trend. I am slowly
recovering from my first day at a PNLTC show. We have lined up a store
front in a mall for the rest of the summer. Today was our first open
house. We have been building the layout over the past week (after a
couple weeks of planning and brainstorming).

The layout has three main "islands" connected by long bridges. One
island is a farm scene, the next, large island, includes a city, a yard,
some more city, then Kim Toll's mountain town, and finally a few more
city buildings. The last island is a waterfront area with Jeremy Rear's
container and naval yard, and my brand new work in progress 12v coastal
town layout.

Sitting on it's own at the front of the store is Matt Chiles's roller
coaster which is an absolute technical marvel, especially when you get
several runs in a row without a problem.

[snip]
Frank

At some point I am hoping pictures will appear.  [I have already zoomed over
to the PNLTC site where I thought there might be a shot or two ... but not
yet... soon? please?]  To have a semi-permanent community/club display
sounds like a dream.  Often it seems for a show more time is spent in the
initial setup and final breakdown than for the show itself.  Ah, to have the
luxury of time, a whole summer to refine the dispay... but it is a serious
commitment of time to staff the display for public viewing.  I am curious to
see the display and to hear a range viewpoints on how this goes.
As always, thanks bunches for the report Frank!

be well,
sheree