 LEGO Company / 855
854  |  856
Subject:
Presentation Video
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 18:04:44 GMT

FUT: lugnet.events.brickfest

"Christian Treczoks" <ct@braehler.com> wrote in message

How about a webcast for those who can't come? We european AFOLs would
like to see, too, where the community is heading.

I'd be happy with streaming video online somewhere - it doesn't need to be
live - and we don't need a streaming video server to do it.

If someone can record the event on video (MiniDV), I would be happy to pull
the content from the tape and compress it nicely for distribution on an
available web server.

It is important though that the speaker wear a microphone - and when
questions are asked, it's best if the speaker repeats the question for the
mic before answering it.

Most stores that rent video equipment should be able to provide a good
wireless mic that could be used for this - and I'm sure someone out there
has a decent MiniDV compatible camcorder.

Let's not box ourselves in here by thinking it has to be expensive or
complex by way of broadband or fancy equipment.