 LEGO Company / 849
Re: What's next??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 13:43:14 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Christian Treczoks wrote:
   Jake McKee wrote:
   As you may know, I will be stepping into Brad’s shoes at the BF PDX Q&A. During this session, I will share many more details about the LEGO Community Development Team, our vision for the future, our internal and external successes in 2003, and much more. And of course, there will be questions and answers!

Hi, Jake,

How about a webcast for those who can’t come? We european AFOLs would like to see, too, where the community is heading.

I’m not sure a webcast is in the cards. I don’t think we have the bandwidth for one. However I am going to try mightily to capture the talk in real time as I usually do, and further, I am going to try to have chat sessions open to get incoming questions in as many different venues as possible.

Here’s the list of what I am thinking of (in the case of fan sites, only if the owners don’t have a problem with it)

Commercial Services:
  • AIM - I will create a chat room with the name BrickFestPDX2004 and you can invite yourself into it or AIM me your questions. My ID is LarryPieniazek
  • YAHOO! - You can send me IM’s with your questions. My ID is Larry_Pieniazek
Fan Services(0):
  • BrickLink - I will create a special room with the name BrickFestPDX2004 so you know where I’ll be
  • ClassicCastle.com - I’ll be in the main room as there aren’t special rooms
In both of those my ID is lar...

I have a fbtb id but I don’t think fbtb has chat, ne?

I don’t have IRC set up or a MSN ID, sorry (1) and don’t plan to get either of those so if none of the above mechanisms work for you, you’ll have to email me.

0 - no, not “fan service” :-)
1 - and don’t want to hear about IRC being “better” or whatever.

Larry Pieniazek
Expo Coordinator, Trains Session Coordinator, BrickFest PDX 2004, February 13-15, 2004
ILTCO | MichLUG | Milton Train Works(tm)