 LEGO Company / 845

Subject:
What's next??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 20:28:01 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I can’t believe we are already a month into 2004. In fact, I’m not entirely sure where 2003 went!

Certainly lots of changes in 2003, and change can often lead to uncertainty. I’ve sensed from the private inquiries I’ve gotten that there is a bit of worry that Brad leaving the LEGO Company is going to adversely effect the community efforts he has supported and grown internally.

Let me cut right to the point and assure you that community support will not stop. In recent months, the concepts of community have received unprecedented support from colleagues. I am getting more and more requests from colleagues to meet and talk about possible community support ideas.

Brad and LEGO Direct have achieved amazing results in a very short period of time. Without Brad’s vision and leadership, none of this could have happened. I for one am very thankful for that vision, and am working hard to continue it well into the future. As you may know, I will be stepping into Brad’s shoes at the BF PDX Q&A. During this session, I will share many more details about the LEGO Community Development Team, our vision for the future, our internal and external successes in 2003, and much more. And of course, there will be questions and answers!

In the meantime, please rest easy knowing that interaction between the community and the LEGO Company is going to continue to get closer and closer. There are some terrific things in the pipeline this year!

See you in Portland!
Jake

---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison
LEGO Community Development

Re: What's next??
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 08:27:25 GMT

Jake McKee wrote:
As you may know, I will be stepping into Brad's shoes at
the BF PDX Q&A. During this session, I will share many more details about the
LEGO Community Development Team, our vision for the future, our internal and
external successes in 2003, and much more. And of course, there will be
questions and answers!

Hi, Jake,

How about a webcast for those who can't come? We european AFOLs would
like to see, too, where the community is heading.

Yours, Christian

PS: Will you attend 1000Steine-Land in Berlin (Germany), too?

Re: What's next??
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 12:27:10 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Christian Treczoks wrote:

How about a webcast for those who can't come? We european AFOLs would
like to see, too, where the community is heading.

I'm not sure if the BrickFest organizers have that in place. I'll defer this
question to that group of hard working people.

PS: Will you attend 1000Steine-Land in Berlin (Germany), too?

Absolutely! I can't wait!

Jake

---
Jake McKee