 LEGO Company / 845
844  |  846
Subject:
What's next??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 20:28:01 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I can’t believe we are already a month into 2004. In fact, I’m not entirely sure where 2003 went!

Certainly lots of changes in 2003, and change can often lead to uncertainty. I’ve sensed from the private inquiries I’ve gotten that there is a bit of worry that Brad leaving the LEGO Company is going to adversely effect the community efforts he has supported and grown internally.

Let me cut right to the point and assure you that community support will not stop. In recent months, the concepts of community have received unprecedented support from colleagues. I am getting more and more requests from colleagues to meet and talk about possible community support ideas.

Brad and LEGO Direct have achieved amazing results in a very short period of time. Without Brad’s vision and leadership, none of this could have happened. I for one am very thankful for that vision, and am working hard to continue it well into the future. As you may know, I will be stepping into Brad’s shoes at the BF PDX Q&A. During this session, I will share many more details about the LEGO Community Development Team, our vision for the future, our internal and external successes in 2003, and much more. And of course, there will be questions and answers!

In the meantime, please rest easy knowing that interaction between the community and the LEGO Company is going to continue to get closer and closer. There are some terrific things in the pipeline this year!

See you in Portland!
Jake

---
Jake McKee