 LEGO Company / 836
Re: goodbye... and hello
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:26:35 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Brad Justus wrote:

And I am contributing a bit of change myself: I have decided to leave the LEGO
Company to take up a new challenge as President and CEO of Informative, Inc., a
San Francisco-area firm

My last day at LEGO is January 31. And then I will be what I was before I joined
the company: an Adult Fan of LEGO (and proud to be one, maybe more so now than
ever). It is hard to leave the company behind... but though you can take the boy
out of LEGO, you can't take LEGO out of the boy. I'll still be building, I'll
try to make some of the gatherings from time to time (unfortunately not
Brickfest PDX) and I very much look forward to continuing to be a part of the
community.

Brad,

As with everyone else I would like to very much thank you for your work in
making LD what it is today.  Most of the exciting developments in the past few
years have been out of your division, and the relationships that you and your
team have built with the community have been very exciting.  Is there an
official announcement of who will take over the helm of LD?  You said that
various programs within LD will continue, but are there any policy changes we
can expect under the new head?  I do worry that "mainstreaming" the LD model
into the rest of the company could lead to a dilution of the benefits of the LD
we've known, but I remain hopeful that it will lead to an improvement in retail
rather than any harm to LD.

On the personal side, does your change in status mean that you will be joining
up with BayLUG or BayLTC?  Or of course you can make the drive down to some
LUGOLA meetings.  :)  Also, how about a Brickshelf page?  We know Jake's site,
but I don't know if I've ever seen your personal creations.

So, when you leave out the door, are you allowed to stuff your pockets and
briefcase with all the bricks you can carry?  ;)

Good luck in your new position, and good luck to all at LD as they make the
transition to new leadership.

Bruce Hietbrink