 LEGO Company / 832
Re: goodbye... and hello
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 18:02:31 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Brad Justus wrote:

(snip)

When I discovered RTL and LUGNET back in the late 90’s, I remember the way I perceived The LEGO Company-- aloof and mysterious. Sure, Consumer Affairs were always nice people with whom to interact over the phone, but TLC had no personal image. In fact, that “personal” image was even a joke amongst AFOLs considering the ubiquitous and ageless Susan Williams!

And then you and your LEGO Direct team arrived. Your leadership, Brad, literary humanized TLC. You gave us a peek behind the curtain, and although TLC is still a rather mysterious beast, you laid the groundwork for meaningful communication between AFOLs and TLC. You were a big fish in the TLC pond, and yet you were one of us as well, and that was very reassuring and gratifying to know. You gave me hope for TLC.

So as I wish you the best in your new venture, and I hope the bridge-building you began will be continued in your absence. Looking forward to talking with you after all of the NDAs expire;-) (JK)

JOHN