 Harry Potter / 985
984  |  986
Subject:
A closer look at defective spiral stairs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 06:48:33 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

A couple days ago, Doyle Nelson alerted us all to re-examine our HP stairs:
http://news.lugnet.com/harrypotter/?n=955

I actually didn't remember a problem building either set, though upon closer
inspection, I actually DID recieve "defective" stairs. It's not overly
problematical or noticeable, given the flexibility in a set of spiral stairs
anyway, but it's certainly there.

Anyway, I took a little time and did some examination on my two sets of HP
spiral staircases, showing the resultant gaps, pictures of the differences
in defective and normal pieces, and also some stats on which sets contained
what, in what quantity, with what part id's:

http://www.suave.net/~dave/staircompare.html

Anyway, since TLC actually requested that Doyle RETURN his defective stairs
(I've never heard them ask THAT before) so that they could examine them,
here's hoping that this will provide some detail...

DaveE