 Harry Potter / 985
  A closer look at defective spiral stairs

A couple days ago, Doyle Nelson alerted us all to re-examine our HP stairs: (URL) actually didn't remember a problem building either set, though upon closer inspection, I actually DID recieve "defective" stairs. It's not overly problematical or (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego) !

  Re: A closer look at defective spiral stairs

(...) the stair pieces in these sets are consistent or random? 1-01 (2) 1-02 (2) 2-01 2-02 3-01 3-02 (2) 4-02 5-01 6-01 (3) 7-01 8-02 -------- 16 ... and these seem to be all good. -- Pawel (22 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general)

  Re: A closer look at defective spiral stairs

(...) Looks like someone assembled the molds wrong IMO. That could explain why there is a 180 degree difference in the notches in the underside of the stair pieces. Simple enough of a mistake to overlook, but large enough to cause significant (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general)

  Re: A closer look at defective spiral stairs

(...) They are random. Here's mine: 1-01 (1) 1-02 (2) 2-02 (2) 3-02 (2) 4-02 (1) 5-02 (3) 6-01 (1) 6-02 (1) 8-01 (1) 8-02 (2) Adrian -- www.brickfrenzy.com (22 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general)

  Re: A closer look at defective spiral stairs

(...) That was my thought-- and even more of an easy-to-overlook mistake because the stairs slide so easily. As I said, I was completely unaware that there was a problem until I actually went and checked a 2nd time. I don't expect that this will be (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general)

  Re: A closer look at defective spiral stairs

(...) From which set? And all non-defective, I presume? For the moment I'm wondering more whether defective pieces have consistant numbers, and whether, within a single set, if any normal AND defective steps have the same numbers... DaveE (22 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general)

  Re: A closer look at defective spiral stairs

(...) Oh, sorry. They're all normal, and from the 4706 Forbidden Corridor. Adrian (22 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general)

  Re: A closer look at defective spiral stairs

(...) They asked for a return of the product items once when I asked them to replace 17 badly smudged or poorly printed KK Archer heads. They even sent me an envelope postage prepaid with which to mail them back to the customer service dept. I can't (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general)

  Re: A closer look at defective spiral stairs

I happened to notice this problem right off when I built the staircase for my 4706 Forbidden Corridor a while back. It was super obvious because when I spiraled the staircase for the first time, right in the middle, there was a gap, but the rest (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general)

  Re: A closer look at defective spiral stairs

In lugnet.harrypotter, David Eaton writes: <snip> (...) So for clarification on the findings, 4706 does\can have a random defective part in it. I have a least one on the set that I have (Richard Marchetti also found one in his). It is not specific (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general)

  Re: A closer look at defective spiral stairs

(...) I see that David Wertz reported one in his copy of 4706 ( (URL) ), but also Richard? I must have missed his post to that effect... Too bad it's in both sets :( I had hoped it would only be specific to one... DaveE (22 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general)

  Re: A closer look at defective spiral stairs

(...) I have not idea why I said Richard. Yes it was David - I was looking at the wrong post when I check to see who it was from. -mark (22 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general)

  Re: A closer look at defective spiral stairs

I just purchased 7 sets of stairs from the 4709 set and all the stairs were OK I purchased 2 sets before that but they were not built so I could comfirm. It seem to me that the majority of bad stairs are in the smaller set. Its totally random. Mine (...) (22 years ago, 21-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general)

  Re: A closer look at defective spiral stairs

(...) It was hard for it to slip my mind or for me to let it slide. I had 98 Bad steps! lol Doyle (22 years ago, 21-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general)

  Re: A closer look at defective spiral stairs GOT S@H Package!

I just received today the Consumer Affairs package to send the defective pieces back, so I will keep everyone informed as to what happens. But I still think everyone who has these bad pieces should call consumer affairs themselves to get the right (...) (22 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general)

  Re: A closer look at defective spiral stairs GOT S@H Package!

(...) Any update on this? David (22 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general)

  Re: A closer look at defective spiral stairs GOT S@H Package!

(...) Still waiting for the replacements from Demark. lol They did say anything, I hope when they replace the parts, that they are defective also! (22 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general)