 Harry Potter / 1003
Re: A closer look at defective spiral stairs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 05:19:26 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, David Wertz writes:
I happened to notice this problem right off when I built the staircase for
my 4706 Forbidden Corridor a while back.  It was super obvious because when
I spiraled the staircase for the first time, right in the middle, there was
a gap, but the rest spiraled evenly.  I took it apart and found the problem
- one step had the bottom notches turned 180 degrees to the others.  I
figured it was supposed to be this way and was suprised the instructions
didn't address this piece, so I just put that step on the bottom and went
from there, solving the problem.  I meant to ask about this on Lugnet back
when I built it, but it slipped my mind.  I am just now reading all the
stuff that has been posted about this, and I am suprised to learn that the
distribution of this weird piece appears to be random.  I thought it served
some purpose that I would eventually figure out, but it looks like I was
wrong.  I am curious to hear what Lego will have to say about this.
David

It was hard for it to slip my mind or for me to let it slide. I had 98 Bad
steps! lol

Doyle