 General / 56052
Re: How long is a length of monorail track?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2013 17:49:26 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Eaton wrote:
How long is a length of monorail straight track? Easy-- 32 studs. But how long
is a length of CURVED monorail track? And (the kicker), how long is a length of
monorail RAMP?

This reminds me of "How Long Is the Coastline of Britain?"  ;-)

Dave...  Saw your followups...  Awesome work!  Did you ever convert the final
stud length measurements into inches or centimeters?  I'm curious what accuracy
is needed (in terms of significant digits) in order to accurately (within, say,
1/10 inch) state the track length of a layout on the order of 2,000 feet.  Is
that level of accuracy possible?

--Todd