 General / 55532
Re: How long is a length of monorail track?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 2010 22:21:08 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Koudys wrote:
Short Track--2.5 inches

Wait, you mean you wacky Canucks use inches now? Aren't you guys supposed to be
on the metric system?

Curve track--15 inches (as measured with a measuring tape--can't remember if
it was inside, center, or outside radius)

Looks like the outside-- by my calculations, the outside ought to measure about
14.93 inches. In my previous post, I should clarify I was using the center of
the track.

Ramp--10 inches  -- didn't account for the actual ramp--it was too close to
the straight length so didn't bother with the difference

Yeah, it's a minuscule amount-- although I *am* interested from a geek
perspective to figure out what that might be...

I have a spreadsheet set up so you just type in the # of pieces used in a
layout and it lets you know the linear feet

:)
I have something similar-- my own track weighs in at 79.41 feet in my system,
but it looks like I go up to 81.67 if I use your approximations! An extra 2+
feet of track, woot!

DaveE