 General / 54151
  This is The Best Article on LEGO Group I Have Read

Someone posted this article on the WAMALUG yahoo group. It does require you to register at the site in order to get to the article, but it is well worth the effort. A very long and detailed article that explains a great deal about the reprogramming (...) (17 years ago, 19-Sep-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: This is The Best Article on LEGO Group I Have Read

"Clifton D. Chambers" <cdchamberssr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:JoMtt1.EvL@lugnet.com... (...) Here's the article: Rebuilding Lego, Brick by Brick by Keith Oliver, Edouard Samakh, and Peter Heckmann How a supply chain transformation helped (...) (17 years ago, 19-Sep-07, to lugnet.general) !

  Re: This is The Best Article on LEGO Group I Have Read

In lugnet.general, Tony Kilaras wrote: Thanks for posting the entire article Tony. I didn't think I could post the whole article to LUGNET because of the length. CDCWDC (17 years ago, 20-Sep-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: This is The Best Article on LEGO Group I Have Read

In lugnet.general, Tony Kilaras wrote: Thanks for posting the entire article Tony. I didn't think I could post the whole article to LUGNET because of the length. CDCWDC (17 years ago, 20-Sep-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: This is The Best Article on LEGO Group I Have Read

"Constraints don’t destroy creativity or product excellence, and they can even enhance them." Exactly. Its funny how Lego had to learn this lesson, when (to me) this is exactly the lesson that their product teaches. (17 years ago, 21-Sep-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: This is The Best Article on LEGO Group I Have Read

Indeed, a SUPERB article that answered many, many burning questions that I and countless other AFOL's had. However, I missed the part that explained the color change. Can someone quote that? If, in fact, the color change was done to (...) (17 years ago, 22-Sep-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: This is The Best Article on LEGO Group I Have Read

(...) OK. (...) There you go. (17 years ago, 22-Sep-07, to lugnet.general)

  Still no answer, but the new piece rule is nice to hear

(...) Hmmm, I thought this might be the passage in question, but I don't see how this paragraph infers any connection between the new resin pilot program and its effect on the remaining colors. The only possible explanation that I can imagine is (...) (17 years ago, 22-Sep-07, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Still no answer, but the new piece rule is nice to hear

(...) Say what? Do you really expect them to address the issue of new versus old grey specifically in an article about supply-chain management? Really? How is it a stretch to infer that? Perhaps if you read the whole article again instead of (...) (17 years ago, 22-Sep-07, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Still no answer, but the new piece rule is nice to hear

(...) The reason I'm asking this question in the first place is because the person who posted about the article initially said "It also explains the change in color pallets." I was hoping that this meant that they were saying that the article would (...) (17 years ago, 23-Sep-07, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Still no answer, but the new piece rule is nice to hear

(...) Hmm, I guess I thought it did. They drasticly reduced the number of resin suppliers, which means that a large number of suppliers (who might have been the ones supplying, for instance, old grey) were eliminated, making those resins no longer (...) (17 years ago, 23-Sep-07, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Still no answer, but the new piece rule is nice to hear

(...) By all means ask pertinent questions. Your "questions" thus far have not been so. (...) TLC has clearly stated that they made business decisions that resulted in the current colour palette. Those decisions have ensured the survival of the (...) (17 years ago, 23-Sep-07, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Still no answer, but the new piece rule is nice to hear

(...) Nice trolling yourself, Ted! I just re-read the entire thread and you contributed much more negativity than I did and you're revealed yourself to be a bigger and more obnoxious troll for continuing to attempt to bait me with such needless (...) (17 years ago, 23-Sep-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Way to go, Brian!

Wow, Brian, thanks so much! Your thoughtful, intelligent and mature response gives me hope that Lugnet will continue to remain a place where fans can engage in introspective and constructive (pun intended) conversation without devolving into petty, (...) (17 years ago, 23-Sep-07, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Still no answer, but the new piece rule is nice to hear

--snip-- (...) I think it's fairly clear what my position on the colour change and people that harp on about it is but I don't believe that the reason for the change is given in that article and the other info from TLG has been a little 'random'. (...) (17 years ago, 24-Sep-07, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Still no answer, but the new piece rule is nice to hear

Thanks for the explanation and contributing positively to this thread, Brian. Like David, I also couldn't quite figure out how limiting its suppliers led to changing the colors, but your explanation does an excellent job. My favorite line in your (...) (17 years ago, 24-Sep-07, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: This is The Best Article on LEGO Group I Have Read

(...) Very interesting article, thanks for posting it. My thoughts were the same as Alfred's. Also, it can't be a coincidence that the much hated 'Juniorisation' is also one of the causes of the financial troubles! Perhaps AFOLs do know best ;-) Tim (17 years ago, 24-Sep-07, to lugnet.general)