 General / 52455

Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:11:37 GMT

In lugnet.general, Thomas Main wrote:
   In lugnet.general, C. L. GunningCook wrote:

...a lot of good stuff worth considering

That is a very interesting little image you have there. Why did you make it? What is the message you are trying to send?

On a broader note, I have heard a lot about mistrust between Ambassadors and non-Ambassadors, but I don’t exactly understand why. Within the Castle and Space communities there is some envy about who has an NDA and who doesn’t, but I don’t see any mistrust at all. On the opposite point of view, I feel that there is a lot of trust that we will accurately communicate the communities concerns to TLG and fight to get what the community wants.

So, the question is, if you mistrust the Ambassadors or the Ambassador community: Why? What is it that you think Ambassadors aren’t doing or aren’t doing enough of? What would you like to see done differently?

-Lenny

In lugnet.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Thomas Main wrote:
   In lugnet.general, C. L. GunningCook wrote:

...a lot of good stuff worth considering

That is a very interesting little image you have there. Why did you make it? What is the message you are trying to send?

In my role as art critic I would say that the message here is that the NDA makes the Ambassadors silent leading to upset in the community. Either that or it’s a subtle statement on the war in Iraq and the state of African democracy.

   On a broader note, I have heard a lot about mistrust between Ambassadors and non-Ambassadors, but I don’t exactly understand why. Within the Castle and Space communities there is some envy about who has an NDA and who doesn’t, but I don’t see any mistrust at all. On the opposite point of view, I feel that there is a lot of trust that we will accurately communicate the communities concerns to TLG and fight to get what the community wants.

You could probably summarise this in a new variant of the Ambassadors logo. Perhaps with a cackling Ambassador and two green (with envy) figs. That would be cool.

   So, the question is, if you mistrust the Ambassadors or the Ambassador community: Why? What is it that you think Ambassadors aren’t doing or aren’t doing enough of? What would you like to see done differently?

-Lenny

I would like to see some more humour from the Ambassadors. Humour is a good thing and I like it very much. I’d like to see the logo replaced by an Ambassador with a big smile and two laughing figs.

Tim

Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC