 General / 49020
Re: Next Legend re-release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 12:43:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Herzberg wrote:
In lugnet.general, Tim Tosino wrote:
In lugnet.general, Huw Millington wrote:
I don't think this is old news... Set 10159, featured in the new UK S@H
catalogue, is a re-release of airport set 6597,
http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Query=6597, with new greys of course...

Huw

S@H has it on their website now backordered to the 1st (Try setting the country
to one in Europe). Hopefully they'll be here in North America in time for that
free Yellow Truck Offer.

Thanks for the update, but, my oh my, they reall screwed it up with the island
roadplate. That looks terrible! (look at the overhead view).

The differences appear to be...
...island road plate is entirely different
...runways are one stud shorter
...cone is red instead of red/white striped (this is an odd change)

Old hinges and palm tree are still there.

Look a little closer - those two pictures are not the same set.  Count the studs
on the circular road plate, between the bottom-right-hand corner of the circle
area and the 2-stud wide green plate across the end.  5 studs on one (with the
light centred), 6 studs on the other (with the light off-centre).

I suspect that the picture with the aircraft in place is of the original; the
higher view point is then the new version, but with no aircraft shown.

Are they pulling a fast one?  I dread to think what the new aircraft look like.
What's the betting it's click-hinges all round..?

Jake - can you tell us what's changed?  If the picture on the website is of the
original set and not the re-release, then I think it should be corrected as soon
as possible.

Jason Railton