 General / 48930
Re: Next Legend re-release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 16:59:36 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gail Meagher wrote:
Huw Millington wrote:

I don't think this is old news... Set 10159, featured in the new UK S@H
catalogue, is a re-release of airport set 6597,
http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Query=6597, with new greys of course...

Huw

Also with the new palm tree I imagine (1 piece leaves, 1 piece trunk).
I noticed that the runways seem to have six studs on the edges.
The Century Skyway had seven (and even older airports had nine).  The
windsock is also different.  In the old set it is a 2 x 2 x 2 cone in
white with red stripes, in the new one it looks to be solid red.

At least the hinged things SEEM to be the older style 5 finger (car roof) hinges
rather than click hinges. But I wonder if this is a photo from the older
artwork, perhaps retouched, rather than from the newer.

If they switch this over to click hinges I'll be disappointed but probably will
still buy some.

Still a wonderful set!  I spent many hours drooling over the original
when it was in a local toy store.

I missed out on that but I have enjoyed my used copy a lot.  I am very happy to
see this come back. Century Skyway is one of my favorite town sets. I think it's
a better choice than http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6392 although that one is also
quite good