 General / 47328
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 13:01:48 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tracey Greenwood wrote:

Jake, I feel people may be cynical due to the experience of being
"short-changed" by other large companies. Take eBay, for example. they always
like to give the impression they are listening and "taking the community's ideas
on board", when really they jump first and ask questions later. It's all too
obvious most of the time that changes are decided and implemented a long time
before the community ever gets their say or even gets to hear about it....by
that time, any community feedback or workshop session is just a token to quiet
the masses.

Yeah, I can understand this. You make a good point.

If Lego could prove to AFOLs that they indeed ARE listening and WILL listen and
DO listen to AFOL views, ideas and opinions, I'm sure that some people here will
love (well, "RESPECT") you for it ;0)

See, this is where I scratch my head. I'm not sure what more I can do to
convince people, or prove to people that we do listen. We've developed tons of
products that are extremely AFOL friendly (ISD, RBR, Wright Flyer, etc.), we've
issued Legends, some of them even based on AFOL voting, we've solicited feedback
on what kinds of Legends you'd like to see, we've created a bulk program via
SAH, we've launched general consumer concepts like WWYM, and PaB.

But we make a mistake (albeit an honest one) with the color change, and people
start talking as if we've shunned not embraced the community in the last 4+
years.

Maybe I should spin this around and ask the AFOLs to answer this: What can I do
to "prove" that we are listening?

Jake
---
Jake McKee