 General / 47336
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 13:28:40 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jake McKee wrote:
See, this is where I scratch my head. I'm not sure what more I can
do to convince people, or prove to people that we do listen. We've
developed tons of products that are extremely AFOL friendly (ISD,
RBR, Wright Flyer, etc.), we've issued Legends, some of them even
based on AFOL voting, we've solicited feedback on what kinds of
Legends you'd like to see, we've created a bulk program via
SAH, we've launched general consumer concepts like WWYM, and PaB.

All that was very good.  Thank you!  But you do realize the color
change makes all those good things less compatible with your new
products.  Right?

But we make a mistake (albeit an honest one) with the color change,
and people start talking as if we've shunned not embraced the
community in the last 4+ > years.

I'm curious.  I'm not sure I caught it in all the talk, but what
exactly is the mistake you're admitting to here?  Is it that you
changed the colors and made your new products less compatible with
your old products?  Or is it that you didn't let us in on it until
all hell broke loose?  Or is it something else entirely.

If it's already here somewhere, just point me to the post.  Thanks.

Maybe I should spin this around and ask the AFOLs to answer this:
What can I do to "prove" that we are listening?

Maybe you shouldn't spin it.  We don't really care if you're
just listening.  We want you to listen and then take action.  In
this case the only action that really matters is TLC making the
original colors available in sufficient quantities, and the only way
that's going to happen is if they appear in the new sets.

Don