 General / 42133

Subject:
Town without AFOL's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.no
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2003 06:32:08 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I have found a town completely devoid of any AFOLs. Proof: set 383 being on
the shelf of a toy store for 25 years without being bought!!!
The town is Helsingborg in Sweden, the shop is a combined
bicycle-and-toy-shop(at Södergatan/Bollbrogatan).
This shop has 1000's of old toywares (like lots of Playmobil and LEGO), and
nothing is newer than 1995. I've done some very nice buying there for the
last couple of weeks (6080, 6384, Fabuland etc.), but still there are so
many old LEGO sets left on the shelves - not to the prices 25 years ago, but
only slightly updated (e.g. 6080 for 698 SKr = 70$, originally 59$ in 1984).
As I have strained my financial means seriously now, I'm giving the address
to this gem to the LUGNET community, so other AFOL's can have their dreams
come through.
There is Classic space (e.g. 6951, 6952), classic town (e.g. 6395, 6384,
4021), train (4564), classic castle (e.g. 6080, 6011, 6059), pirates (6273,
6276, 6285), basic boxes (e.g. 566, 577, 733), blacktron 1 complete,
blacktron 2, space police 1, m:tron and lots of old Duplo.
The owner is a little old man who only opens the shop when he feels like it,
mostly in the afternoons. Shopping there claims a lot of patience: first
waiting for the shop to open (yesterday I sat at the churchyard across the
street reading a book for a couple of hours until he opened), secondly to
get to pay for your finds. His first priority is repairing bikes, then
talking about the weather to his friends; servicing costumers are long down
the list.
And bring your own bags, unless you want your precious MISB sets to be put
in recycled plastic or paper bags with traces of chain-oil from the bikes.
And don't wear your finest white summerdress!

If any of you goes to this shop, please write here at LUGNET about it!

many kind regards
Arne, Copenhagen

Re: Town without AFOL's