 General / 42135
Re: Town without AFOL's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.no
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2003 08:43:35 GMT

Here's some more contact info etc.:

Ekstrands Cykel o. Leksaksaffär
Söderg. 18
252 25 Helsingborg
+46-(0)42-21 53 27

You can use the Swedish OnLine phonebook Gula Sidorna (yellow pages) to locate
the store on a map:
http://www.gulasidorna.se/

Then my recollection of dealing with this particullary store and it's owner.

When I first received news that Arne had found this treausre in Sweden, I
e-mailed him asking for the adress and such, which he gave after visiting once
more.

I decided to drive there (about six hours by car from my home). Needless to
say, my SO was not pleased with the idea of me driving 12h alone, and quite
frankly neither was I. But I saw it as a cool thing to do. I set out towards my
sisters home with the intention to sleep over there and thus shortening the
trip. Alas I got hold of my brain and thought the whole thing was a bad idea.

It would cost me almost $100 US to get there and back and since I build mainly
my own things and have little interest in official models, even if they are old
MISB, I turned back home. It turned out to be a very clever move since my SO
had been rather angry, I failed to see that before I left...

I spoke to a bloke (hey, that rhimes!) who's from the town, and the shop goes
under the name "Rasrisk", which means something like "Avalanche zone".
Appearantly the shelfes are stuffed and not that stabile (not all LEGO so stop
drooling)!

He has his parents still in the town so I could use them as a proxy. Better
yet, a friend found himself in the town for work this monday. However, he was
pressed for time so I tried calling the shop to prepare for the mates visit.

I called for about half an hour before before he answered. The man seemed nice
and asked what I was looking for, since I wanted to know what he had in more
detail and to what price, I asked if he could list the things. He could not (I
don't blame him). I then tried asking if he had any Model Team (I'm a tad
single minded for the moment) and he responded that he had a lot of Space, most
of it in the basement... All of a sudden he got stressed up and half shouted:
"Sorry, I can't help you over the phone." Then he hang up!

So I don't think calling there is such a good idea, even if you speak Swedish...

Anyway, the "friend" could not fit a visit to his schedule so I still have not
bought anything.

I'm going to a town somewhat closer on the 30th though (Ullared) so I might
drive the extra 1½h there to see if he has anything left, now that you lot know
about it...

One thing Arne pointed out in one of his letters to me that I think he forgot
to mention: He only accepts cash!

Question to Arne; Did you notice any Model Team?

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu
(remove SPAM when e-mailing)