 General / 39841
Re: How Lego Saved My Life (Long Post)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 21:22:37 GMT

Great stories everybody. John, I really glad to hear that the only addiction
you still have is only for LEGO.

LEGO did help me alot of times simply cause every downfall I had, I was just
glad to see the LEGO on my shelfs. When I was growing up, the environment a
round me "forced" me to give up LEGO for a while (like 5 years). LEGO was
all that period still on my mind and I just knew I can't give it up. I had
some rough times on the army for a little while, and LEGO just produced
'6090 - Royal Knights Castle', I saw it, so perfect and just knew I had to
buy it, after 5 years I didn't bought LEGO at all. Still for years, after I
did came back and started playing with LEGO again, I didn't said nothing to
anyone about that (well if they were on my house they knew but lets say I
wasn't bragging about it). I felt like I was the only person in the world
above the age of 13 who still plays with LEGO. Thanks to Lugnet, I felt like
coming out of my shell, everybody who knows me a bit knows now that I'm a
LEGOholic and
my middle name is. Not long ago I had to do a final project on my University
and I made it from LEGO. Everybody was shocked. They just couldn't believe
it that LEGO can be so fascinating, and also got a pretty good grade for it.

I do believe I in debt to LEGO & Lugnet in a lot of ways.

Yaron Dori, proud to be LEGOholic
www.ozbricks.net/cybersorter