 General / 39824
Re: How Lego Saved My Life (Long Post)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 06:41:51 GMT

John, your story has hit home with me. I share many of these experiences.
I always thought that Lego was the one thing that did not talk back to me,
tell what to do, draw unfair judgements on me, or otherwise. In fact it was
the one thing that allowed me to be myself.

I recently ran into an old friend. I hadn't seen or heard from this person
in over 10 years. He was amazed by what I am building now, but he admitted
that when I was building back in the day he thought "ehhh Lego". Well, that
was exactly why I strayed away. What may be "ehhh Lego" to someone is my
sanity or insanity if you will. I really don't know how this relates to your
story except to say that in bad times, the Brick was always there. I too
thank my Hobby for helping me stay happy even if just for a bit during bad
times.
Something that helped me realize it is my Artistic Medium for expression.

You showed remarkable courage in facing your demons. I hope that in your
resolve you will prosper and seek happiness. If you pick up a few more
Bricks in the process, consider it an investment in yourself. A down payment
if you will to your own salvation. Good luck.

Pop over and see some of my stuff if it helps. Heck, it would help me!

Legomaster
www.mylegomaster.com